Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP9115 with EWC

Abdel Amyay
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am in the process of configuring a new AP9115AX and having some issues. I was able to convert the AP to EWC and push Ver 17.02.01 to the AP. I configured a new WLAN1 and was able to connect to it. I then added a second WLAN and applied it to the same AP and was able to connect to it but that made the first one disappear. So WLAN1 is longer broadcasting. I can only broadcast one SSID at the time. Both WLAN1 and WALN2 have their respective profile policies, policy tags, RF policies and RF Tags. However, I could not create a new site tag. The + (add) tab on the site tag page is missing. So I am using default site for both WLANs. 

Do I need to enable/Disable something in order to be able to add a new site? What is the process to broadcast multiple SSIDs. 

And Thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As long as both SSIDs are associated to the same policy Tag and that Tag is pushed to the AP then you should have both SSID broadcasted. is that your current config?

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Thanks Rafael for quick response. No, that was not my case. I had two different policy tags. I took your suggestion and created once policy tag and now I am able to see both SSIDs. 

One other issue I have is with DHCP allocation. The AP is attached to trunk port with native vlan ID2. SSID1 is mapped to vlan1 but when I connect a client to SSID1 and instead of getting IP from DHCP scope 1 (vlan1), I am getting an IP address from DHCP scope 2(vlan2 native vlan on trunk port). My DHCP server is in VLAN 3. Is there a way where I can define native vlan on the ap instead of the trunk port? How Do I force clients to get an IP from Scope1 and not 2.

actually there is a known BUG when using VLAN 1  CSCvt41053

If you are starting this deployment i suggest to move away from VLAN 1 it is always a best practice to use your own define VLANs

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card