cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Business 140AC Wireless Access Point & Firepower 1010

1timcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Firewpower 1010 that has 2 POE ports 1/7,1/8 that have 53.5VDC voltages.  When I connect the 140AC access point it will not power on and according to the specs its requires 48-56V.  I am using FMC to manage this device.  I am not using a POE injector. Has anyone seen the POE not working before on the Firepower 1010?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1timcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out you have to be running firepower version 6.6, version 6.4 does not have POE on 1/7,1/8.  Atfter I updated the device the POE+ was active.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

I just connected an AP to the PoE-port of my Firepower 1010 and the AP is powered up:

> show power inline
Interface     Power   Class   Current (mA)   Voltage (V)
---------     -----   -----   ------------   -----------
Ethernet1/7   ON      4       113.00         53.00

Are you managing your firepower 1010 with FMC?  What CLI did you imput that command, I dont have it as an option.

It is managed by FMC and is running version 6.6.4. The CLI is the one that you get through SSH.

3.PNGMy cli doesnt have that optionCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this thread useful : 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/firepower-1010-6-6-poe-problem/td-p/4077009

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa914/asdm714/general/asdm-714-general-config/interface-switch.html#task_xz1_xhy_lhb

Pay attention to Step 7 and or review current POE status (e.g.)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

1timcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Turns out you have to be running firepower version 6.6, version 6.4 does not have POE on 1/7,1/8.  Atfter I updated the device the POE+ was active.

I started a new thread on this but version 6.6 does not work with 140AC for me.  I am attempting to get the newer firmware and 150 watt power supply.

Regards.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: