cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco C9120AXI-E keeps reloding.

Magnus43
Level 1
Level 1

One of my 9120 is stuck in an  boot loop. 

Is there a way to stop it and flashing the Image? 

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Well unplug it and then try a factory restore. Hold the mode button down for >2@ seconds. The led should flash red.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Does not help. The result is the same!

- The basic startup contains a number of correctable ECC errors , this is worrisome. Whilst they may be correctable, then the basic OS starts with Welcome to Cisco, which is probably grateful but perhaps the native AP-OS, cannot handle these errors as well as the initial-starup-tests.  Since the factory reset does not improve the situation, which would be logic if there is a  hardware problem then I think it's time to RMA the device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Mark,

What switch you connecting it to? I have seen issues with C9100s - where I needed to update my switches to latest code.

Also you running in AireOS or C9800?

No switch connection at all. Just poe adapter. 

- The basic startup contains a number of correctable ECC errors , this is worrisome. Whilst they may be correctable, then the basic OS starts with Welcome to Cisco, which is probably grateful but perhaps the native AP-OS, cannot handle these errors as well as the initial-starup-tests.  Since the factory reset does not improve the situation, which would be logic if there is a  hardware problem then I think it's time to RMA the device.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@Magnus43 wrote:

Loading file 'part1/part.bin' to addr 0x10000000...
Correctable ECC Error detected: addr=0xc0e600, intrCtrl=0x00000090, accessCtrl=0xC388001B
Correctable ECC Error detected: addr=0x3f63e00, intrCtrl=0x00000090, accessCtrl=0xC388001B

I agree.  This two lines are unusual.  
Contact Cisco TAC and arrange for an RMA.  If the AP is brand new, contact your vendor and arrange for a DOA.

If you have other AP’s joined with no issues, then open a TAC case and see if they can help or maybe issue an RMA.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card