cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cloud-Based RF WiFi Planner -- Cannot Zoom AP Placement Window

William Krueger
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to zoom into the Cisco RF WiFi Planner at the AP Placement Phase?  From the Auto Placement window and Manual Placement windows there is not a zoom function.  I have just spent 6 hours drawing walls for a giant 500,000 sq ft facility and there is no legibility in the AP Placement window.  I cannot tell one room from the next, or hallways from rooms, or between warehouse racks.

There is a Design Help link, but Wireless is not listed as a category and the Note says specifically if a technology isn't listed it isn't supported and requests for assistance will not be answered. 

Does this functionality exist and I'm just missing it on this page, or did I just waste 6 hours of my life?

PS

Manually zooming in the window does not help.

PSS

I am using Chrome

6 Replies 6

sai.sandeep1
Level 1
Level 1

William, 

Cisco RF WiFi Planner has been updated with Zoom functionality on AP Placement page for a while now. 

I can confirm zoom works at AP the placement screen too.

Main issue I have is it's taking up to 30s to actually place an AP after I click !

Roy, 

When you say "it's taking up to 30 seconds to actually place an AP after I click" , is it that when you are adding an AP in manual mode , it takes 30 seconds to place an AP? 

Or If you are referring to auto placement of APs, currently it is considered the normal behaviour as while placing the APs, the algorithm computes and takes into account the shape, size and obstacles of the area to place APs. 

We are working towards making it better in terms of speed and accuracy of AP placements. 

Hi,

Yes, it's when I am adding APs manually, sometimes I click and the box with 3 circles flashes up for maybe a second, sometimes it takes a lot longer. 

I often see the Chrome message about kill or wait for a process, if I keep clicking "wait" it eventually works.

Roy

Hi Roy, 

Thank you for the feedback. We will look into it. We also see few issues with Chrome updates that are causing this delay issues. 

Can you try this on Firefox or Edge browsers and let us know if this is consistent. Also our team will contact you for more details if necessary. 

- Sai Sandeep

Hi Sai,

I've tried Firefox & Edge (on Windows 7 & 10) and I've found Chrome on Windows 7 to be the better of the browsers.

Thanks,

Roy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card