cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Device Provisioning Portal not provisioning iOS6 iPads

Jon Bell
Level 1
Level 1

Following the recent iOS 6 update, our company iPads with this version installed cannot be provisioned via our Cisco ISE Device provisioning portal.

iPads running version 5 can be successfully provisioned, however version 6 iPads cannot.

I do have a TAC raised regarding this issue, however can I ask please if anyone has knowledge of this happening to them and any possible fixes.

Regards,

Jon

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Philip91
Level 1
Level 1

I think this is the same Problem i have with the WebAuth when it´s provided by WLC.

You try to connect with the guest network that works. Then Safari opens and try to access the Web Auth Website.

Then Safari says that the Website is untrustworthy or something like that right ?

I think the reason is why you use a Self Signed Certificat.

So if the Browser can trust your ISE you need an Offical Certificat signed by a CA

Many thanks for getting back to me and have come across the same issue as you are experiencing until a workaround was established using central web authentication directly from ISE.

The issue I have is that corporate iPads with iOS6 installed will not be forwarded to the ISE web portal after installing required certificates issued by the CA.

The process worked fine for iPads with version 5 installed and also those upgraded to 6 from version 5 but not for iOS6 iPads out of the box??

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

I have exectally the same problem with the WebAuth when its provided by WLC

I think you have to generate an offical Cert signed by Chained CA.

I opened a Threat for my WLC Problem

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3810257#3810257

Hi Jon

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

Thanks

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card