Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IW3702 AP -- Unable to use all Antenna Ports (abcd-antenna) - 4x4 MiMo

SvenE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I have used my IW3702 (4E-UXK9/IW3702-4E-x-K) Acess Point with 2 antenna ports (ab-antenna) so far.

Now I changed the configuration to 4 antenna ports (abcd-antenna) - 4x4 MiMo.

For this I used the following commands (for radio0 - 2,4 GHz and radio1 - 5 Ghz):

conf t
interface dot11radio 0

antenna abcd-antenna

interface dot11radio 1

antenna abcd-antenna

However, the command "sh controllers dot11Radio 0" or "sh controllers dot11Radio 1" shows that only the antenna ports a, b, and c are active:

Antenna: Rx[a b c ]
Tx[a b c ofdm all]

In addition, when I connect an antenna exclusively to the "d" antenna port, I do not see the SSID anymore.

Do you have an idea why I cannot use all antenna ports? Do I have to consider or configure something for this?
At the moment the AP is running on firmware release 15.3.3-JPK1.

I am very grateful for any help.

Best regards

Sven
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SvenE
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have found the problem by myself. For other users who might have the same question:

The problem was that my AP did not get enough power via PoE (max. 15.4W - 802.3af). However, at least 16.1W (802.3at) is needed to use all antenna ports.

When 802.3af PoE is used, the AP automatically turns off the "d" antenna port.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

SvenE
Level 1
Level 1

So, I have found the problem by myself. For other users who might have the same question:

The problem was that my AP did not get enough power via PoE (max. 15.4W - 802.3af). However, at least 16.1W (802.3at) is needed to use all antenna ports.

When 802.3af PoE is used, the AP automatically turns off the "d" antenna port.

that's exactly what I was about to suggest - you should have seen a message about the power in the logs at boot time.

With full power you should see something like this: %CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power - HIGH_POWER inline power source

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card