Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 1.2 (MAPS/FLOOR PLANS)

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea on how to import and scale correctly campus, building and floor diagrams into Cisco PI?

I have tried several times via the editor to rescale and it just doesn't work.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jason                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From my experience the map editor doesn't rescale maps very well.  I've found that editing the floor to the correct size and then importing the map gives me the correct sized floor area.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Yes you can add building and floor diagrams in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2. For the same you can see the below link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/maps.html

Open this link and goto Adding Floor Areas to a Campus Building

From my experience the map editor doesn't rescale maps very well.  I've found that editing the floor to the correct size and then importing the map gives me the correct sized floor area.

Hope this helps

Rollin Kibbe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason:

Thanks to bugs like CSCug78551, yes, this kind of thing didn't work so well in earlier versions, but should be resolved in the new patch for Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20, filename PI_1.3.0.20_Update_1-12.tar.gz.  Prime Infrastructure 1.3.0.20 introduced the Offset Correction Tool in the dropdown list on a floor;  the Update_1-12 patch made it work better. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card