Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.1 HA and NFS backup

Gunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just configured my Cisco Prime with the external NFS backup server using instruction from the Administration Guide,

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-1/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/backup_restore.html#pgfId-1085464

all works fine but I'm wondering what about HA server? Should I configure all the same steps I did on a primary server?

Regards

Gunter

2 Replies 2

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This configuration guide is for backup server only. You need to check another configuration guide for the primary server as their configurations are different.

No, this instruction is for how to configure backup server and how to configure Cisco Prime to be able to use NFS for backup files. It works, I did this and there was no problem during the configuration. The only thing I'm wondering is that I did this on the primary Cisco Prime and not on the HA CP server. So what will hempen if the primary fail and the HA switch over as a primary? Should I configure the same repository on it, should I enable NFS on the HA server also?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card