cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime appliance Gen2 physical links redundancy - posible?

Gunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco Prime 3.1 installed on the appliance Gen2. This server has 2 Gigabit links, I can see them form the CLI.

Can I configure HA - Active - standby of the physical link? - I mean interface Gigiabit 0 connected to "switch 1" and gigabit 1 connected to "switch 2" so in case that "switch 1" died I will have redundancy via "switch 2"?

I will be appreciated for any information.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe this is possible if the links go to a single logical unit (aka different physical unit).   Switch systems like StackWise, VSS or FlexStack will support this.

Hi Leo,
Let's say that Cisco Prime is connected to te logical UNIT but how to create virtual link bounding two physical interfaces on Cisco Prime with one single Ip address?

Other example, let's say that we have two links connected to the same device but how to use two links from Gen2 appliance to force use two links in the same time or to set up active-standby link?

I struggle with the same problem as well.

Ok, I believe I've made a mistake.  

Prime Infrastructure (virtual or appliance) won't support Etherchannel.  The logic behind it is a single appliance can be a single-point-of-failure.  This is why Cisco recommends putting two units in a high-availability deployment.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card