Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime infrastructure 2.0 cpu requirement

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm reading the doc at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#wp46865
and I'm searching for the CPU requirement for a Standard installation. From table 2 in this document, I will need 16 virtual CPUS but there is no frequency mentioned. Does someone know what is the minimum CPU frequency to run PI 2.0 correctly?

Thanks

Theo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ova does not require a specific frequency of CPU. Whatever you provide will work as long as your ESX environment can allocate the required number of vCPUs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ova does not require a specific frequency of CPU. Whatever you provide will work as long as your ESX environment can allocate the required number of vCPUs.

Thanks Marvin for your help

Best regards

Théophile

how can allocate the required number of vCPUs on prime infrastructure 2.0

Thanks

The number of vCPU's depends on your ESXi host, either your limited to 8 or you will have 16, 32, etc.  The vCPU amount is defined on the VM or PI2.0 and you can change it after the VM has been installed.  PI 2.0 has an Express (4 vCPU), Standard and Pro which require 16 vCPU.  There is a custome express that uses the Express ova (4 vCPU), but you need to increase that to 8 vCPU.  Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks scott

how increase to 8 VCPU, but i want ask u i got this alarm (Message: CPU: 85 crossed down threshold: 90) on PI 2.0 so if i increase to 8 VCPU this problem solved or this problem solve by another way.

Please advice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card