cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.10 Inventory Synchronization

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

I have see on occasion in Prime where the AP statistics such as capwap uptime is not accurate reflecting the statistics on the wireless controller.  I can do a manual sync, then the data is accurate. Is there a configuration setting that can ensure the controllers are in Sync? If I check the inventory collection timestamp it seems to be the same for all controllers and is performing the collection, but I have seen where the statistics are not accurate until after I perform a manual sync.

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@awatson20 I know this is old, but do see that no one has provided any feedback.  Have you tried to adjust the scheduled jobs for collection?  I have used Prime reports to capture data and use that in a query.  What I have done, was use Ansible to capture that info for me and then I used that data in a query where I can pasres the data to see what ap's have recently joined and what ap's have low uptime.  Of course you can do this with Python or any another language your prefer to use.

You can always open a TAC case and see what they have to say.  I have always spun up a new instance of Prime instead of upgrading, that way the db isn't bringing over stale info which I have seen in the past a lot.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card