Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE H.A LICENSING

Hello.

When i configure by first time Cisco Prime 2.2 with a license for 300 devices and i made the H.A with other server in the same PRIME VERSION.

i did not install a license for H.A and the H.A is working, no problems.

But i read in the guide that i need a H.A license if the cisco prime is a new deployment.

Can you help me with this doubt??

Thanks a lot for your time

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only one Prime Infrastructure server license must be purchased; there is no need to purchase a license for the secondary Prime Infrastructure server. The secondary server will use the license from the primary when a failover occurs. The secondary node will simulate the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) information of the primary; thus the secondary server will be able to use the synchronized license from the primary server when the secondary server is active.

The same Prime Infrastructure license file resides on both the primary and secondary Prime Infrastructure servers. Because the Prime Infrastructure JVM is only running on the primary or secondary (not both), the license file is only active on one system at a given point in time.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/config_HA.html#86299

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Only one Prime Infrastructure server license must be purchased; there is no need to purchase a license for the secondary Prime Infrastructure server. The secondary server will use the license from the primary when a failover occurs. The secondary node will simulate the Unique Device Identifier (UDI) information of the primary; thus the secondary server will be able to use the synchronized license from the primary server when the secondary server is active.

The same Prime Infrastructure license file resides on both the primary and secondary Prime Infrastructure servers. Because the Prime Infrastructure JVM is only running on the primary or secondary (not both), the license file is only active on one system at a given point in time.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-0/administrator/guide/PIAdminBook/config_HA.html#86299

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card