cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - How do I run a Channel Utilization Report

suisse
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone able to provide me with some tips to get Cisco Prime Infrastructure to give channel utilization reports?  (Bad CCI here)

Is there also a way to pull the minimum basic rates being used by all of the APs across various controllers or does that need to be viewed at the controller itself?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Hi @suisse

For you first question you can find Channel Utilization on the Busiest AP report. 

For the second question, if I understood it right, you would like to see the basic data rate each AP is using, right?  I think this is not available. What you can see it the Required and Mandatory data rates configured on the WLC and this rule all the Access Point. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Yes sir, I would like to see those Supported and Mandatory data rates, is there a report to see those settings?

Data rate is something dynamic so keep track of all the Data rates shifting for all clients would be very Data base demanding. Bear in mind that don't make sense talk about Data Rate only for APs.

I don't want to see the real-time data rates on active connections, I would like to just see the Supported and Mandatory data rate settings that are enabled on the controllers.

Can you view these settings within Prime or do you need to drill down on the WLC itself and view the settings enabled?

There´s no report for that as far as I know. Let´s say a report where I could select all my WLC and then choose Data Rates parameters and a Baseline would be shown in a report, such thing does not exist on Prime.

What you can do if through Prime web interface look at WLC individually, which would be almost the same of looking at WLC web interface directly.

Excellent tips, the report ran fine.

As for the viewing the WLC through the Prime web GUI, how would I do that?

(I have very little exp in Prime, my apologies )

Never apologize for don't  know something, we are all here to learn.

You can go to this directory on Prime:

Configuration / Network / Network Devices

Then choose Wireless Controller on the left and then all your WLC will be listed on the right.

As I said, the only advantage of this method is to have all the WLC in one page and then you can go over it. But, this do not give you the information from all the WLC at once. You still need to look at one by one.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the post about to generate a report about AP channel utiliaztion.

https://wifitodd.com/2016/07/19/channel-utilization-report-in-cisco-prime-2-2/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card