cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure - Is there a report of unused switch ports?

lukeberkheiser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a report in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.4 showing the unused switch ports?

There used to be one in Cisco Prime LMS (Reclaim Unused Up/Down Ports Report).

Thank you,

Luke

34 Replies 34

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

Please check the below links which can be helpful for you:

Link-1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/reps.html

Hi,

This link is for version 1.2, and I can't find any report in there regarding unused switch ports.

Is there such a report in version 1.4 or 2.0?

Thank you,

Luke

lukeberkheiser
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I now have Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 running, and I don't see a report like the "Reclaim Unused Up/Down Ports" report that existed in LMS.

I found one called "Interface Capacity", but it only shows the number of ports that are "connected", "notconnect" or "disabled".

Does anyone know if a report of Unused ports exists in Prime Infrastructure 2.0 or if it will be available later on?

Thank you,
Luke

I'll be upgrading to 2.0 in the next few weeks.. And today, while running 1.3, I was looking for a similar report. I'd love to find out what ports are not being used for a duration of time so I can reprovision them for other users (access layer)

Hi Luke,

Have you managed to get more info regarding this please.Switch port last used uptime.

SOcchiogrosso
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone able to find this report? I've found a report that tells you the status of the switchports but, there is no to filter out switchports already in use.

--
CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNA: Security/Wireless
Blog: http://ccie-or-null.net/

-- CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNA: Security/Wireless Blog: http://ccie-or-null.net/

Craig Manson
Level 1
Level 1

The exact report I'm looking for.  If anyone does know how to produce such a thing please post.

Though it could be one of the reasons we were delivered a LMS licence key along with our Prime Infrastructure 2.0 licence key

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Same here, no similar Report found in CPI2.0

Hello,

Has anyone found the report in PI 2.1.* or later?

BlueyVIII
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find an answer to this?? I've just recently upgraded to PI2.2 and still can't find a report that shows the last time a switchport was used.....

phelpsa02
Level 1
Level 1

I opened a TAC case and was told this feature would be available in a later release...  No specifics.

Thanks.

Prime 3.0 should be release in August, they mentioned feature parity from LMS, therefore I assume it will be in there... let's hope for the best

Prime 3.0 is now here, Cisco failed again to put the report in it.

There is an open bug for it: CSCum49252

I'm so disappointed how Cisco treats its LMS successor.

jonas
Level 1
Level 1

Now at version: Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.4

Still no "Switchport - Reclaim Unused - up/down " report available.  I am told extracting this data from Prime Infrastructure is possible by tapping the API.  Has anyone had a succesful experience with this?

I have also pushed Cisco directly for this feature for about 2 years now.  Guess I will have to keep pushing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: