Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Wireless alerts relate with Rogue AP

alvinaung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I m new to wireless technology and currently we have 2 Critical and 2887 Minor alarms are showing in Cisco Prime.

Most of these alarms are relate with the Rogues configuration under Cisco Wireless Controller.

Because unclassified 2586 Rogue Aps and 16 Adhoc Rogue Aps under wireless controller.

Is there any way to clear these Minor alarm relate with wireless.

image.png 

Cisco Prime version is 3.4 

Wireless controller is 5520 with 8.2.166.0

I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to try and answer some questions.

Thanks 
Alvin

7 Replies 7

Hi

What question? 

When you see "unclassified 2586 Rogue Aps" this means all AP surrounding you. It is almost impossible to classify and the same way avoid them. Unless, you need to worry about some AP on your infrastructure, the thing to do is ignore those alerts.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Miranda,

Thanks for your advise.

My question is how can i clear these Minor alarm relate with Rouge issue.

This is pretty simple. 

Go to 

Monitor / Monitoring Tools / Alarms and Events

In Severity box, choose Minor. All minor logs will be listed. You can either Delete by pressing Delete or Clear in Change Status.

Thanks for the reply.

But if i dont create the Rogue Rules these alarm will come back again rite?

Thanks

They will for sure. The problem is, first it is too much AP to create rule and second they will change all the time. One option is disable Rogue Traps on the WLC but going to MANAGEMENT tab, SNMP > Trap Controls > Security > Rogues.

The other option and it is what I do, ignore those alerts.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I know how to disable SNMP Trap Controls.

Currently i create 2 rules as below.

May i know your opinion for those 2? will it be work ? 

R1.PNGR2.PNGR3.PNG

Remove the "managed ssid" in the second rule, there shouldn't be friendly rogue aps with a managed ssid (in my opinion).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: