cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spectrum Expert

Rosa Ladeira
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded Cisco Spectrum Expert and installed on a dell notebook running windows8.

Then I started looking for a sensor card.

I hav gotten Cisco Spectrum Expert Wi-Fi (CardBus) - AIR-CSCO-SE-WIFI-C reference and I am concerned with 2 facts.

1. dell notebook does not have a compatible interface to attach this card;

2. it is a very expensive card.

Is there any other sensor card interface compatible with dell xps 12?

Thanks in advance.

Rosa

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can use a Cisco AP in "SE-Connect" - Spectrum Expert mode as the sensor. In this way you do not require any compatible cards

here how you do it

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010001100.pdf

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may need to use a PCMCIA-to-USB card.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

You can use a Cisco AP in "SE-Connect" - Spectrum Expert mode as the sensor. In this way you do not require any compatible cards

here how you do it

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010001100.pdf

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks a lot.

I would be great if it is possible to use AP as sensor.

It is a less expensive.

Rosa

Hi,

I wanted to use a 3702i autonomous AP in spectrum mode. But it does not show any devices and all it shows is "waiting for devices". I read somewhere that only the spectrum exert card shows devices. Is this true?

Abebe

It looks like Cisco Spectrum Expert doesn't let you connect any more to AP's that are connected to controllers at 8.2 or greater?  I have no issues if the WLC code is 8.0 or 8.1, but that functionality seems to be lost for 8.2 +. 

It seems Metageek Chanalyzer is the only alternative now, to get that spectrum information from cliean-air enabled AP's ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You may need to use a PCMCIA-to-USB card.

Thanks Leo.

I will try  to use AP as sensor.

It is a less expensive option.

Rosa

Rosa, 

Talk to your SE.  If the PCMCIA card is un-used, you may be able to return it or get a credit.

Thanks for taking the time to rate our posts.  :)

Rosa Ladeira
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9  AP Mode as SE-CONNECT for using Cisco Spectrum Expert 4.1.

Cisco Spectrum Expert shows Spectrum AQ, Spectrum (2) graphs.

It can not show devices. In Active Devices:

... Waiting for Devices ...

Channel Summry sows incomplete as no APs are found.

Any idea?

It is running fine.

In fact there is few interference where ap is depoyed.

I have already seen a bluetooth piconet device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card