cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Vs Aruba

NightShade101
Level 1
Level 1

Hello im looking to know   if what im reading on this cisco vs aruba document is true...i feel that well i prefer asking here rather than bealiving what a brand build it to sounds better than the other... so i guess i can get the truth here, about that.

As you guys are the experts here on Cisco Wireless i would like to know this is true or false and why?

1-cisco wireless can assign in one SSID and in one VLAN roles per group of Active directory? as far as we got told this is not possible on cisco but it is with aruba.  It does not need other vlans mapped to the SSIDs.

2-Cisco cannot do packet prioritazion in one SSID and it needs another SSID of voice to work properly while with aruba you can set it all in one SSID and one vlan as they can do voice packet inspection and can detect wherever is voice traffic or not and tag it as it as it has a build in Firewall module, which cisco does not have.

3-Not all cisco AP models support  clean air?   it seems that all aruba models support ARM which is what clean air is for them.

4-The ohter thing it looks really cool of aruba is that they got these remote APs in which i can extend Wireless and wired to the remote branch for example i can bring central corporate vlans on the remote AP port so i can connect a wired ip phone using a vlan coming from a corporate... as it does like a layer 2 tunnel between ap and the controller through the internet.

Anyways im just looking for the truth

And it would be nice if someone point me what can cisco do that aruba cannot do.

Please dont send me to see the videos of cisco vs aruba because this does not help.... Aruba also got their videos about the same and both reports seems like they are the winner...

So well it would be nice if my questions get answered?

I would like to see see both solution i mean the good things and the bad things of both.. but well enlight me guys with the good of cisco agains aruba and also if what they say its true? and if not why?

15 Replies 15

Yanco Milanes
Level 1
Level 1

Aruba Access / Distro dosnt support MPLS

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card