cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco vWLC - AP's not broadcasting SSID's

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I am running the demo of the virtual WLC and have one 1142N AP connected to it.  I have two WLAN's created and they are configured to broadcast their SSID's.  However, when I look on my laptop or Android, I cannot see either of them.  I checked the AP to see if it has the WLAN's on it and it does.  I did this by going to Wireless -> Access Points -> Radios -> 802.11a/n AP Interfaces -> Details.  Under Station Configuration Parameters -> Number of WLAN's, there are 2, which is correct. 

I had this demo running on VMware workstation and had some bridging issues with it and thought that was the issue.  I now have it running on ESX5.1 and am still having this issue.  I am at a loss as to what is causing this problem.

One other note, the AP is receiving power through a power injector.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

TIA for any help.

Dan

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what are the WLAN ID's for them?  If you created them as => 17, you need to create an AP group

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I actually figured it out.  I needed to put the AP in flexconnect mode and not local.  Would be nice if they removed the local option and made flexconnect the default setting.

Thanks for the information, I was the same problem and I solved the problem by changing access point to Flexconnect mode.

Thank you, i solved too with this change.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card