cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco vWLC - AP's not broadcasting SSID's

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I am running the demo of the virtual WLC and have one 1142N AP connected to it.  I have two WLAN's created and they are configured to broadcast their SSID's.  However, when I look on my laptop or Android, I cannot see either of them.  I checked the AP to see if it has the WLAN's on it and it does.  I did this by going to Wireless -> Access Points -> Radios -> 802.11a/n AP Interfaces -> Details.  Under Station Configuration Parameters -> Number of WLAN's, there are 2, which is correct. 

I had this demo running on VMware workstation and had some bridging issues with it and thought that was the issue.  I now have it running on ESX5.1 and am still having this issue.  I am at a loss as to what is causing this problem.

One other note, the AP is receiving power through a power injector.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

TIA for any help.

Dan

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what are the WLAN ID's for them?  If you created them as => 17, you need to create an AP group

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I actually figured it out.  I needed to put the AP in flexconnect mode and not local.  Would be nice if they removed the local option and made flexconnect the default setting.

Thanks for the information, I was the same problem and I solved the problem by changing access point to Flexconnect mode.

Thank you, i solved too with this change.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: