Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WAP 581

Vicebal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got 5 cisco WAP 581 which are connected to HP 1920s with PoE Switch and they are propagate wireless network with radius authentication.

I' have a problem with a speed of wirelless network.

When the network is empty, or in the network is 2-3 people the speed is 300/300 mbps.

But after 5 minutes the speed slows down for 2/10 mbps. It's very strange. The access points are new, so they shouldn't have problem with speed of network.

The access point settings are default, i've only changed the vlans and create cluster, and add wireless network.

Anyone has familiar problem?

Second question.

Have to I add cluster management ip for cluster? Or that field can be 0.0.0.0?

1 Reply 1

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

RF is a shared medium and any Wi-Fi network or non Wi-Fi transmission could affect transmissions.

Wireless speed and performance do not depend only on the specifications of the APs nor the connected clients.

If the performance of the connection shifts down or up suddenly, you must investigate if your APs are sharing the same broadcast domain (frequency) than other neightbour networks or there is a RF interferer disrupting transmissions.

Maybe a WLAN survey or Spectrum survey will be needed to investigate Layer 1, and then if nothing is found, you can start investigating configurations.

HTH
-Jesus

*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card