Helpful
Replies

cisco WCS 7.0 to PI 1.2 licensing issue

Thomas Park
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a customer who purchase below sku-s

L-PI12-LF-100-LIC PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE 1.2 - LIFECYCLE - 100 DEVICE LIC PAK 2.00 0.00 2.00 2013-06-19 IKE HALL 100570-V07

L-PILMS42-100-M Prime Infrastructure LMS 4.2 - 100 Device Upgrade License 2.00 0.00 2.00 2013-06-19 IKE HALL 100570-V07

L-W-PI12-100-M WCS to Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 100 Device 2.00 0.00 2.00 2013-06-19 IKE HALL 100570-V07

R-PI12-BASE-K9 PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE 1.2 BASE LICENSE AND SOFTWARE 1.00 0.00 1.00 2013-06-19 IKE HALL 100570-V07

R-W-PI12-M-K9 WCS 7.0 to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 1.00 0.00 1.00 2013-06-19 IKE HALL 100570-V07

He's trying to migrate his current WCS 7.0 to PI1.2

Would the above license work?

In order to successfully migrate, what would I need from the WCS 7.0 in order to obtain PI 1.2 license?

This customer is government agency where they can't tie their agency with CCO nor have internet connection.

So that means, I need to make a visit to deliver the new PI1.2 license.

I see that WCS 7.0 to PI, there is no direct upgrade, so my customer has to export files from WCS to NCS 1.1

and again export from NCS 1.1 to PI1.2.  Does that mean I need another license for NCS 1.1 to import/export databases?

I email to licensing@cisco.com but was told that I need to contact Cisco presales or customer support for this

which does not make sense even though this is licensing related. Is the customer support only way to go through the migration?

I desparately need help!

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Stamper
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you should have recieved a couple PAK licenses that you can fulfill from www.cisco.com/go/license.  Many times they are emailed.  You'll need the info from your PI 1.2 server to generate these.  The first one you should generate would be the R-PI12-BASE-K9 PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE 1.2 BASE LICENSE.  The L-PI12-LF-100-LIC PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE is also a PAK license you should be able to generate at this URL.  It should give you 100 device licenses.  Lastly you'll need to export the licenses from your existing WCS and use the migrate feature to generate the license file for Prime Inifrastructure.  Your Base license must be installed before you do this or it will not import into Prime.

Migration Step 1: Obtain the XML File from Your Existing WCS Deployment

1. Using Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome, log in to the WCS server (Version 7.0.164.0 or later) and select Administration > License Center.

2. In the left pane, select "File."

3. Select the "WCS File" link, and then use the "Export" option. An XML file will be generated.

4. Save the XML file to your local machine.

Migration Step 2: Upload the Contents of the XML File to the Cisco.com Migration Webpage

1. Go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/license.

2. Select Get New - > Migration License

3. Expand the Network Management Products drop down and Select "NCS 1.0".

4. Enter you "Product ID" and "Serial Number." 

5. Open the saved XML file in a text editor and copy the contents of the file.

6. Paste the copied content in the text box.

7. Accept the end-user license agreement (EULA).

8. Verify your contact information and select "Continue."

9. The migration webpage will generate the new license, which will be emailed to you.

Migration Step 3: Apply the New License to Cisco Prime NCS

As mentioned in step 2-9, the license file is distributed to you in an email from Cisco. Do not edit the contents of the .lic file in any way or you will render the file useless.

1. Log in to Cisco NCS.

2. Select Administration > License Center.

3. Use the File menu in the left pane to add new licenses.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Thomas,

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration Part Numbers for Existing Cisco WCS 7.x Customers are as follows

Part Number

Description

R-W-PI12-M-K9

WCS 7.0 to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration

Migration Options

L-W-PI12-50-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 50 Device

L-W-PI12-100-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 100 Device

L-W-PI12-500-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 500 Device

L-W-PI12-1K-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 1000 Device

L-W-PI12-2.5K-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 2500 Device

L-W-PI12-5K-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 5000 Device

L-W-PI12-10K-M

WCS to Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 Migration 10,000 Device

If you have one of these license you can migrat from WCS to PI 1.2

Brian Stamper
Level 1
Level 1

I believe you should have recieved a couple PAK licenses that you can fulfill from www.cisco.com/go/license.  Many times they are emailed.  You'll need the info from your PI 1.2 server to generate these.  The first one you should generate would be the R-PI12-BASE-K9 PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE 1.2 BASE LICENSE.  The L-PI12-LF-100-LIC PRIME INFRASTRUCTURE is also a PAK license you should be able to generate at this URL.  It should give you 100 device licenses.  Lastly you'll need to export the licenses from your existing WCS and use the migrate feature to generate the license file for Prime Inifrastructure.  Your Base license must be installed before you do this or it will not import into Prime.

Migration Step 1: Obtain the XML File from Your Existing WCS Deployment

1. Using Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome, log in to the WCS server (Version 7.0.164.0 or later) and select Administration > License Center.

2. In the left pane, select "File."

3. Select the "WCS File" link, and then use the "Export" option. An XML file will be generated.

4. Save the XML file to your local machine.

Migration Step 2: Upload the Contents of the XML File to the Cisco.com Migration Webpage

1. Go to: http://www.cisco.com/go/license.

2. Select Get New - > Migration License

3. Expand the Network Management Products drop down and Select "NCS 1.0".

4. Enter you "Product ID" and "Serial Number." 

5. Open the saved XML file in a text editor and copy the contents of the file.

6. Paste the copied content in the text box.

7. Accept the end-user license agreement (EULA).

8. Verify your contact information and select "Continue."

9. The migration webpage will generate the new license, which will be emailed to you.

Migration Step 3: Apply the New License to Cisco Prime NCS

As mentioned in step 2-9, the license file is distributed to you in an email from Cisco. Do not edit the contents of the .lic file in any way or you will render the file useless.

1. Log in to Cisco NCS.

2. Select Administration > License Center.

3. Use the File menu in the left pane to add new licenses.

thanks Brian for quick reply.

BTW the above step is migration from WCS to NCS.

once the WCS license is migrated to NCS, does it need to be migrated to PI also?

or can that NCS license applied to PI 1.2?

Thanks again

This should work for license migration direct to  PI as well.

Thanks you so much, Brian.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card