Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Career Guide

athar.akh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am a telecom engineer with 4 years of experience in the RF Planning and Optimization field. I am currently unemployed and pretty much frustrated by the current lapse in the RF field. I am looking for boosting my career and need help from the experts. I would be really glad if you guys can guide me on this platform. 

I want to get in with the Cisco certifications, but will it be a good idea to to CCNA in Wireless considering my past experience, or should I go for other? Need expert opinion here.

Regards,

Mohammad Athar

6 Replies 6

What you are planning is perfect as you are already having knowledge and good amount of experience in Radio frequency.

CCNA wireless is good subject for you to get into the Cisco certification but i think if you can go further like CCNP wireless, that will help you for your employment as well as your future.

All the very best for your preparation.  

Thanks!! Prakash.... Do you have any idea where can I find particular documents on CCNA wireless??? I have downloaded a study guide from cisco for wireless ccna.... but don't know whether that would suffice??

Go with the CBT nuggets training or videos https://www.cbtnuggets.com/it-training/network-administration-engineering/wireless-networking

you can also download recorder videos .

Derrick Robba
Level 1
Level 1

This may not be the best response for Cisco wireless forum, but in my opinion I would start with the CWNA-106 (Certified Wireless Network Administrator). This is a vendor neutral certification that provides a great foundation to build upon.  Good luck!

adamdave901
Level 1
Level 1
This certification validates candidates with the ability to address the need for designing, implementing, and operating Cisco Wireless networks and mobility infrastructures. CCNP Wireless certification emphasizes wireless networking principles and theory. Examcollection 640-722 VCE It also recognizes the expertise and technical acumen of wireless professionals who can assess and translate network business requirements into technical specifications that, in turn, are incorporated into successful installations.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card