cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 2504 corruption problem

Greg Herbert
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC 2504 that just started acting very odd. I cannot connect to it's web admin interface, and the SSH interface allows me to login how after about 3 commands or so I get a disconnect and no wireless clients can connect. The network interface looks good, I never have packet loss even when the ssh client hangs and disconnects. However via the console the config looks good, no alarms or warnings, or memory errors, all the APs are reporting fine. The only thing I can find is in the eventlog there are a large series of

CORRUPT ENTRY >>>>>>> 000000 .... 

I've tried redeploying the config and rolling over to the backup software image (a few minor versions back). Neither had any effect on the symptoms. 

Anyone have an idea of what I'm dealing with? 

8 Replies 8

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try moving this post to the Wireless forums.

Jon

Thanks, moved it.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Greg,

Which software version you are running on WLC ?

Its look like a bug.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Also tried downgrading to 7.6.100

Greg Herbert
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get replacement hardware of the same model. I uploaded the backup of the config from a month ago, matched the os level and everything was working. I shipped it to my site and they plugged it in place and the same corruption in the eventlog has occurred and now the new one has the same symptoms.

Could an AP be causing this? 

Try to contact TAC ...

Regards

Trying to, working through the red tape of my organization to figure out if support was purchased and if not, to purchase support on the controllers. 

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are still unsuccessful after an attempt to upgrade the software, there is a possibility that your image is corrupted or that you have faulty hardware. You should try to download another copy of the upgrade image in order to rule out a corrupt file. This is not a common issue, so it is important to verify you do not hit one of these listed issues before you contact Cisco Technical Support for assistance. If you do require assistance, see this Debugging Options section for helpful debugging options.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card