Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5520 Emergency version mismatch

jon.ellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got what I think it more cosmetic or bug issue but would like to know if anyone would be able to clear this up?. I've got a couple of 5520 WLC's in SSO the boot images show primary and secondary and are matching boot primary boot image(active) and have matching secondary image BUT the emergency version is different, because it's 5520 they don't have FUS images so confused on where it's getting this version from.

SSO Primary

Product Version.................................. 8.3.143.0
Emergency Image Version.......................... 8.3.143.0

SSO Secondary

Product Version.................................. 8.3.143.0
Emergency Image Version.......................... 8.1.102.0

We have since upgrade to see if it could be reflective to any part of the newer software installed but it is still there.

CIMC has also been upgraded to match on the latest.

After upgrade Primary SSO

Product Version.................................. 8.7.106.0
Emergency Image Version.......................... 8.3.143.0

Secondary SSO

Product Version.................................. 8.7.106.0
Emergency Image Version.......................... 8.1.102.0

show boot shows correct active primary and secondary.

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards Jon

5 Replies 5

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Have tried removing the HA,  logging into the secondary unit and upgrading it by itself to see if that fixes the issues. I would also recommend upgrading to 8.8 code if your APs will support that version

craig.beck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jon,

I might be wrong, but I'm sure the emergency image is the version that was first installed on the WLC. Upgrading the code will update the backup image with the previous version, as you know, and the emergency image will be used if the WLC is completely bricked, but purely to boot and only if the flash is corrupt.

I'm sure one of the Cisco guys can correct me though if I'm wrong.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Thanks for reponse on this, I'll rely this back and make them aware, just because of the SSO involved I wanted to cover all bases.

Kind Regards Jon

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I wouldn't worry about it.
"Emergency Image" is just the secondary firmware.

Thanks Leo,

Kind Regards Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: