Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 5520 SFP ports not getting UP

DG9
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have WLC 5520 and its connected with SFP ( SFP-10G-SR ) both side with fiber cable , from switch 9300 to WLC 5520 port 1 .but that SFP port1 is not getting up .

as we have check on switch port is showing not connect but SFP getting detect .

so what is the reason for that , we have also reboot the WLC , but got same 

but as check on our WLC system and Fan light is blinking amber , so is it possible to that is reason for port is not getting up . ??

waiting for your reply ...

Thanks & Regards

Dhaval 

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Looks like the WLC might be faulty. Can it boot normally ?

M

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

Network ports for Cisco 5520 Wireless Controllers support the following Cisco 10GigSFP/SFP+ modules:

• SFP-10G-SR
  • SFP-10G-LR
  • SFP-10G-SR-S
  • SFP-10G-LR-S

Check and verify port status using following commands:

show port summary
show port 1
show port 2
show port sfp-info

Have you tried with a different SFP?

For FAN light:

Amber Blinking

Critical fault state
  • Two or more fans has a fault

Check the command output:

show imm chassis fan

Consider reaching out to Cisco TAC, as your controller might be faulty.

Jagan Chowdam

/**Pls rate useful responses**/

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Loop the optics and see if the port goes up or error-disable.

DG9
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

But unfortunately currently not have console cable ( KVM )  so we can not check what exactly happening on WLC .

So is there is any other way for the same ?

Thanks & Regards

Dhaval  

- Having console access is vital  in order to  be able look , fix , ...  analyze the problem , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Dear Sir,

Is it compulsory to take WLC on putty with this KVM cable ( Connect at front side ) ?  because we have also connect console on WLC back side console port ( RJ 45 to USB ) and take on putty but no output is getting on putty , showing only black screen .

Thanks & Regards

Dhaval 

- I don' think the USB solution is going to work ; consider native console access compulsory. Especially if there could be a hardware problem,

M.

DG9
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We have take a console by front panel but its stuck in ( Cisco bootloader loading stage2 ) , so we have take console at back side and see there another error is showing of system could not find 68xx nic card .

after that give IP to CIMC by console and take GUI access of CIMC and check server status and fan status fault . 

here i attached snap shot of the console and CIMC for your reference , so might be this hardware faulty SFP ports are not getting Up.

Thanks & Regards 

Dhaval

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvf38379

M.

1. Make sure the CIMC is up to date:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281345/type/283850974/release/4.1(2m)
From version 2.x Upgrade to 3.0(4r) then Upgrade from 3.0(4r) to 4.1(2m)
From version 3.x or 4.x Upgrade direct to 4.1(2m)

2. If you still see the problem after that then open a TAC case.  They might ask you to re-seat some components and if that doesn't help then RMA.

3. Once you have the WLC working and booted then make sure your software is up to date - currently should be 8.10.196.0 - refer to TAC recommended link below.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card