Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC License Add for APs

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

I am using Cisco WLC 5520

Currently I have licenses for 100 APs

I need to add another 50 AP license. Let me know how to do it ?

What is the procedure ?

Does it require WLC reboot for license upgrade ?

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Maybe this link can help answer your questions:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/3504-wireless-controller/214106-licensing-on-3504-5520-and-8540-wireles.html
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks.

My understanding from the link is that I need to Add the count as shown in the attached GUI screenshot. Is my understanding right ?

There is no license file required -  Am i right ?

No requirement to reboot the WLC ?

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

As per Scott's post, you do not have to install any license file as it is 'right-to-use' (RTU) licensing (so add it as per your picture).

You still have to buy the licenses from Cisco as RTU is a trust model. It looks like you still have it in evaluation mode so make sure yo click on ap_count and accept the EULA.

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

You still have to buy the licenses from Cisco as RTU is a trust model.
- Yes I will be buying the license from Cisco. I have bought it.

But technically no relevant when I add the count . Is my understand right .?

It looks like you still have it in evaluation mode so make sure yo click on ap_count and accept the EULA.
- Regarding the above, I need to follow the step which you mentioned after I add the count. - Once I add the count will it be automatically added under ap_count(adder) - Is it right,

Hi,

But technically no relevant when I add the count . Is my understand right .?

Yes you are right. Technically you can just add the license the count in WLC  but dont forget to buy the license from cisco.

Regarding the above, I need to follow the step which you mentioned after I add the count. - Once I add the count will it be automatically added under ap_count(adder) - Is it right,

Yes. Also dont forget to to accept EULA.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks.

1 More clarification. 

It does not require, WLC reboot right .

yes you dont need to reboot.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

No reboot required. Just add the required license as per your purchase and accept the EULA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card