Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC not adding up APs in "basic" wireless setup

rafalwolf11
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team, 

I have an issue where I added 23 APs (C9124AXD-Z) given them all the relevant tags, and all of the mare working as expected. However when I navigate to the Configuration > Wireless setup > Basic and add the APs to a new group I created they are listed and added however the actual number is still showing that there are no APs and no clients, despite that being false. Anyone seen that issue before? The Controller is Cisco Catalyst 9800-CL Wireless Controller running v17.3. Thanks in advance!

rafalwolf11_0-1702947266756.png

rafalwolf11_1-1702947309437.png

3 Replies 3

rafalwolf11
Level 1
Level 1

To add to above, I have provisioned the APs into the group in basic view, so when I go into it I can see all APs there, I just want the numbers on the basic dashboard to accurately reflect actual AP and client numbers 

Rich R
VIP
VIP

> 9800-CL Wireless Controller running v17.3
That tells us the release train you're using (17.3.x) not the actual version of IOS-XE you're running.
If you have a specific reason for using 17.3 then you should at least be on the current latest 17.3.8a, however 17.3 is almost EOL (and already past bug and security fixes): https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/ios-nx-os-software/ios-xe-17/ios-xe-17-3-x-eol.html

Ideally you should be using 17.9.x as per the TAC recommended link below.  There have been a lot of improvements and fixes since 17.3.

I've never used that feature myself so not sure how it should look or whether it was buggy before but certainly make sure you're running up to date code for a start.

You can also check your WLC config using the Config Analyzer (link below).

Thanks for the quick reply! I should've added the full version, its 17.3.5a so that's still almost EOL like you mention. We were ideally trying to avoid upgrading as we have a lot of APs connected to it supporting multiple sites. But it looks like that might be the next step! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card