Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients connecting on different radio policy

jeetkulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Clients connecting on 802.11a even though the radio policy is set to 802.11b/g only on the WLC policy. Screenshots attached. I am currently running mix of 2800 and 3500 APs on WLC 5508 with software version 8.2.151.0

I have seen this happen 2800 APs. Is this a feature?

Regards

Jeet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Double check your rf profiles maybe take the aps out of the group and see what happens. We had a bug where we had an ssid that was 5ghz only but when the aps were in the ap group 2.4 was also enabled. This was some time ago .. but did u check the rf profiles .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yea that's not suppose to do that .. are you using ap groups or rf profiles by chance ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes we have AP groups & RF profiles too.

Double check your rf profiles maybe take the aps out of the group and see what happens. We had a bug where we had an ssid that was 5ghz only but when the aps were in the ap group 2.4 was also enabled. This was some time ago .. but did u check the rf profiles .. 

Yes you might be right i have applied 802.11a radio profile to the AP groups and only those are showing the 802.11a clients. Thanks for the clarification.

Excellent I like the easy ones ! Thanks for supporting the rating system .. 

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card