Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients is not able to get IP in the right VLAN

mannygawadcco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a vWLC deployment with OS version 8.3, i am having an issue about the client IP address.

I have created 2 SSID, the first one (SSID1) is assign to the management interface with subnet (for example) 1.1.1.0/24

Second (SSID2) is assign to the USERS interface with subnet (for example) 2.2.2.0/24

When i connect to SSID1 - i was able to get the proper IP from the management (1.1.1.0/24).

But when i connect to SSID2 - i was getting the subnet of management also even if i assign the USERS interface to SSID2. I should be getting 2.2.2.0/24 subnet here. - But when i connect my laptop to the same vlan of USERS interface, i was able to get the IP of 2.2.2.0/24. I might be forgetting something here in configuration. it means that the issue is not in the DHCP.  All the interfaces IP assignment, subnet and gateway are correct. 

Please note the DHCP Proxy is disabled.

Is there anyone there who has the same issue and got fixed?

Best Regards,

Manny

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have tagged the correct VLAN 

below reference guide (this is new 8.5, but it should be same for old, dont have on hand to offer screenshot for 8.3)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-vlan/68100-wlan-controllers-vlans.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

Initially, I have done the same configuration on your link and i was having the same issue.

Is there anyone knows the vlan mapping globally? i have more than 200 AP and it's time consuming to tag vlan in the APs individually. 

thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card