Views
Helpful
Replies

Compare Cisco AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 with AIR-AP1261N-E-K9

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Current, i have a project to deploy wifi for hotel 5 stars.And i have two type AP Cisco AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 and AIR-AP1261N-E-K9

I want to compare performance about:

+ Coverage Radio ( Power transmitter, antenna gain)

+ Bandwith or throught put

+ Concurrent users or connection

Please share information about parameter before i decide to chose AP to deploy hotel

Thanks all

22 Replies 22

hi

http://www.router-switch.com/air-ap1261n-a-k9-p-2355.html

Please help me to explain this

Thanks

Please help me to explain this

I won't.  This site is a 3rd party site.  It's not Cisco so I cannot comment on the accuracy of their information.

If you believe that a 1261 has six antenna ports, then there's really nothing I can do about it.

Can you also tell me what COUNTRY do you plan to use this AP in?

I'm going to agree with Leo. All you have to look at from that link is the description.. Single Band

Anyways the 1261 has 6 ports but only 3 will work since its a single band AP

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

@lealaohoo

Hotel in VietNam

@Scorr Fella

Anyways the 1261 has 6 ports but only 3 will work since its a single band AP

If 3 ports use single band 2,4Ghz, what do 3 other ports do?

Hotel in VietNam

I may as well stop you now.  Look at the two links you've "shopped" for your AP from.  Look closely at their regulatory domain.  They are all "-A".  You will find difficulty if you don't specify to your vendor that you need a Regulatory Domain for Vietnam which is "-E".

If 3 ports use single band 2,4Ghz, what do 3 other ports do?

Before you go ahead and buy a single-band/radio AP for your hotel, can you take a laptop (with 802.11 b/g wireless NIC card) and sniff around?  I want to know if you can see 802.11 b/g around you.  I would also like to know how strong are the signals.

Roam around the area where you plan to put the AP as well as the floors above and below. 

Hi guys,

Great discussion here.

Leo: Could talk more about regulatory domain option. Is there something in AP hardware ( max Tx power level, frequency to use) ? Just , how it works?

Scott: You said that in hotel : "Hallway placements are the worst in my opinion." Could comment this more?

ducnm1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi you

Please share detail spec AIR-AP1261E-K9. I dont understand why price AP1261 is more than AP1602I in while performance of AP1602I is good than AP1261

The 1602 is the low end model. The 1262 is more durable and cost more to make.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card