Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility between APs 1532-1562

Aleck_Sei
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have to set up a radio link between two buildings of a school. I have got an AP 1532 and an AP 1562. Can I set up a radio link with them? They are compatible? Can I use 1532 as root and 1562 as mesh?

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I personally would not try to mix these two together as the 1532 is EOL.  The compatibility is also different in which you will have to reduce to the capabilities of the 1532.  If you need to connect two building, my suggestion is to make sure you know what throughput you need between the two.  I'n my experience, I have used other brands to provide higher throughput links other than these.  Cisco use to sell the Exhalt bridges, these among other bridges are really meant for linking two locations and can at greater distances.  If you really want to use the 1562, then i would suggest getting another 1562 to pair it in mesh.  You can't go wrong with that.  Less troubles later on.

Also keep in mind the supported ap's on a controller version.  This might impact what you want to do in the future.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I personally would not try to mix these two together as the 1532 is EOL.  The compatibility is also different in which you will have to reduce to the capabilities of the 1532.  If you need to connect two building, my suggestion is to make sure you know what throughput you need between the two.  I'n my experience, I have used other brands to provide higher throughput links other than these.  Cisco use to sell the Exhalt bridges, these among other bridges are really meant for linking two locations and can at greater distances.  If you really want to use the 1562, then i would suggest getting another 1562 to pair it in mesh.  You can't go wrong with that.  Less troubles later on.

Also keep in mind the supported ap's on a controller version.  This might impact what you want to do in the future.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card