Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration jobs failure on WLSE with Telnet/SSH

fds
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLSE 2.0.2,

When I try to import a template from an AP1200 IOS 12.2(11)JA1, it fails with a "Login failed. Wrong credentials" error.

Monitoring the TCP connections at the access point, I see that the WLSE tries only a telnet connection that fails because telnet is disabled for security requirements.

Why the WLSE doesn't do a SSH too?

Regards,

Fabrizio M. de Seta

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have you entered the AP SSH credentials in WLSE under Administration->Discover->Device Credentials->SSH User/Password?

The Telnet/SSH credentials you enter in this dialog must match the login sequence on the IOS access points. For example, if the device prompts for an enable password only, enter the Enable Password only. Do not enter a User Name or User Password. Otherwise the WLSE will not be able to open a login session on the device.

Note: Only SSH1 is supported.

Yes, I had. Actually it is under Administration->Discover->Device Credentials->Telnet/SSH User/Password.

If Telnet were allowed the login sequence would be:

Username:

Password:

prompt >enable

Password:

enable prompt #

SSH would be the same except that the "Username:" should be provided as command line parameter

eg.: ssh -l 1.2.3.4

or

ssh @1.2.3.4

It seems to be working only with telnet. WLSE never try to use SSH.

What I'm missing?

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: