Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration wifi controller for Apple Services - Bonjour

j.hajdacki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with configuration Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller. My network

Router: Cisco 38252x switches: Catalyst 2960
Wifi Controller: Cisco 2500 Series Wireless LAN Controller
4x access points: Cisco AIR-CAP1702I-E-K9
3x Apple TV: new one

I have 3 vlans (managment - for administrator, company - for employee, guest - for quest).

Unfortunately, I cannot configure my wifi controller for Apple Services (Apple TV, AirPrint, AirPlay, etc.). I know that the problem is on wifi, because when i connect Apple router to this network and configure it as access point, and connect to this new SSID devices (apple tv, macbook), everything works perfect.

What I have already done:

1. I have turned on AP Multicast Mode as Multicast (Controller -> General) and set Multicast Group address to 239.255.255.1

2. I have turned on Enable Global Multicast Mode and Enable IGMP Snooping in Controller -> Multicast

3. I have turned on mDNS Global Snooping and mDNS Policy

4. I have add on Master Services Database all Apple and other services like a, _afpovertcp._tcp.local. or _appletv-v2._tcp.local.

5. In mDNS profiles I have only one profile - default-mdns-profile, where I added all services

6. I have empty list in mDNS Domain Name IP > Summary (there is no device on this list, but should be all printers and apple tvs)

7. In Controller -> Interfaces, the VLAN: Company has assigned Profile: default-mdns-profile in mDNS section.

8. In WLANs, the Company SSID has enabled mDNS Snooping (in Advanced tab)

Please, help me configure it. I have no idea what is going on. Thank you for your interest.

Regards, Julek

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have interfaces defined on all subnets you want mDNS to work?  If you have the Apple TV's on wireless and connected to the employee, are you saying that employees can't discover the Apple devices?  

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

No, I dont have it. Can you tell me how to do it?

Yes, employees cannot discover Apple TV. They are connected to this same subnet

If you want to use the controller as an mDNS gateway the controller needs to have an interface on the subnets in order to provide mDNS services.  Just create a dynamic interface on the employee subnet and make sure that subnet is trunked to the controller. 

Take a look at this link also. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-0/WLAN-Bonjour-DG.html

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card