Views
Helpful
Replies

configure 2 WLC(2500) and 10 AP(1040)

TY08
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am adding another controller for remaining 5 APs, and for some reason the new controller isn't able to pick up the last 5 APs or join into the 2nd controller. I did turn on all the radio signal on the AP through command line and set static ip. I can ping and ssh to ap and controller with no problem.

can someone direct me to the right path where I should be looking into?

the goal is that to make all 10 APs on the same SSID but the first 5 AP will go to the 1st controller and the remaining will go to the 2nd controller.

thank you.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the license count on both WLC's. you need to post the show ver on both the WLC and AP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The other WLC needs to be configured properly also. Is that piece done?

-Scott

Each WLC has base license, which supports 5 APs max, That's the reason client is getting another controller. Both WLC have been configured pretty much the same. 2nd controller has a different rf group name and also ssid for testing purpose, but other than they are setup the same way.

They have to have different IP address also. If they are on the same vlan, try to place the new AP's on the same vlan as the WLC's and see if the AP's join. The time has to be set properly also.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is a simple troubleshooting doc also

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: