cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure virual IP to monitor active WLC from HA pair via SNMP

brych126
Level 1
Level 1

I'm curious whether it is possible to configure virtual IP to be able to monitor active WLC from HA pair via SNMP. So let's assume I have HA configured for 2 WLCs: WLC1 and WLC2. I want to configure virtual IP to monitor always active WLC from this pair. So, when WLC1 goes down and my APs move to WLC2 I need to be able to automatically start to monitor WLC2 from this pair via SNMP using virtual IP. Is it possible? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes that is the correct way of doing if you want to monitor WLC in HA.

Other hand you can also Monitor Standby WLC using Ping atleast - in case any power issue or any other mean WLC go down.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Don't forget to monitor effective loss of redundancy too  (as a parameter)...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

from Cisco Doc.
If the SNMP management station subnet is the same as that of the dynamic interface, we recommend that you set the SNMP queries to the IP address of the dynamic interface of the controller. Similarly, if the SNMP management station subnet is the same as that of the service port, we recommend that you set the SNMP queries to the IP address of the service port of the controller.

Controller has a limitation where, even if the queries are made to the management IP address, SNMP response packets are sent with the source IP address as the dynamic interface or the service port respectively. For more information, see CSCvk38081.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

The crucial question nobody asked you: What model of WLC and what version of software?
That affects the answer and the capabilities.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card