cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Aironet1300 bridge to a Aironet1200 AP(root)

bennordlander
Level 1
Level 1

So this is what i'm trying to setup.

Remote building with computers connected to a switch --> connected to Aironet1300 --> connected to outside attenna(yagi) Distance=150 feet or so --> connected to main office attenna(yagi) --> connected to Aironet1200 AP(root) --> connected to main LAN

How do i configured th 1300 to work to bridge the main office's LAN to the remote office wired deviced?

Do i need to find a way to make the 1300 a AP repeater or a bridge non-root?

Originally i was stuck with two 1200s.. but that wouldn't work because when you put one of them on repeater mode.. it disables the ethernet.. so that isn't going to work.

EDIT:

Ok, i got a little further. It only works if i use the Workgroup-Bridge mode.

But i still have a question that i can't find the answer to.

I know that the lower-end workgroup bridge devices like the 340 and 350 only allow 8 devices total. (8 MAC addresses).

So on the my 1310, is it the same way as a 340/350 where it limits how many devices you can?

I look forward to hearing from someone!

1 Reply 1

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

Please go to the following URL on connection matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/102/wlan/matrix-19242.html

Just in case that you do not have access to the above URL, I attach the document.

Basically, an AP can only talk to a repeater and a workgroup bridge. If your scenario, repeater does not work because repeater does not transmit and receive traffic on the fast ethernet interface.

1310 in WGB mode does not have any limit on device attach to the fast ethernet interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card