cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Cisco IOS AP 9100 to Mobility Express Controller

jmprats
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, how can I connect AP Cisco 9100 with software version 16.12 with a Mobility Express Controller version 8.10

Which is the procedure?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It should be the same as any other ap as long as the ME and the AP is supported. The release notes should have the information on compatibility on software version and instructions. If you place the compatible 9100 on the same management and the AP has the correct image, the ap should be able to join.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/release_notes/b_ME_RN_810.html#me-supp-ap
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I know that Cisco AP 9100 is compatible with ME 8.10 as a subordinate AP, but if the AP has IOS-XE version 16.12, how can I migrate the AP before to AireOS 8.10 so that it can join the ME controller? how can I change the AP firmware from IOS-XE to AireOS?

I understand that the Cisco 9100 witch ISO-XE 16.12 will not be able to join a ME controller

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: