cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controllar associated time

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Team there are 2 to 3 access point at the site . The problem is that controller associated time is changing after few minutes so all users are disconnecting.  Plz let me know what is the problem.

28 Replies 28

Yesterday again I checked the cable and found that there is short/crosstalk with one pair . What does means.
Actually the cable is coming from switch to data jack and from data jack to ap.

That the cable is broken somewhere and should be replaced.

They checked cable but did not get any error but from the switch when I am running test cable command I am getting short/crosstalk . Can u tell me why ?

That was without an end device connected to the switch or with?

If without, then the cable or switchport is broken.

Sorry but I did not get you plz describe it . Without an end ?

If you run a TDR and get an error, the issue can be with the cable run, patch cord and or termination. Low voltage will test the cable run. You can ask them to test from patch to patch.  I would just replace the patch code and also make sure that the Rj-45 ports don’t have any dirt or debris which can also cause issues. 
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

For testing you may directly connect ap to switch with new cable and see if it works. Also check ap console, you may get useful logs on why ap always looses connectivity.

Now ap is directly connected but still one pair is showing short/cross talk and some time showing normal with N/A one pair. What is the issue ?

You already tested a different Switch port and you received the same result?

Did you replace that cable between the AP and Switch already?

Yes 

Does the AP now still reboot from time to time while connected to the switch? Do you get any error message on the AP if you have a console cable attached and run a serial program?

Also do you have another switch at site to check if it works? what is the AP/switch model? it mostly looks like physical layer issue as you are getting cable test failures. Is this ap using POE or external power?

Poe only. U mean to say it is switch issue. ? 

Either Switch, Cabling or AP is broken, but one of them is.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card