Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

controller 5508/ Problems audio and Video with Microsoft teams

Hello all, 

How are you? can anyone help me with this? I have problems in different clients that the audio and video are cut off in Microsoft Teams when they are connected to the Wi-Fi network, I have checked the signal, the power, the data rates, without qos configured, etc, and I have not found any convenient icon. this happened? Will it be any update of windows or teams?

thanks to all !

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of questions to be asked here before we set what is the issue :

1. is this worked before?

2. is this working when you connected to LAN ethernet cable

3. is this issue only 1 client or all devices connected to wifi ?

4. is the only team's issue? others working as exected

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji, thanks for answers !

1. is this worked before? Yes, all working in client, until aproximately two weeks, i receive issue in difffents clients in this two weeks.

2. is this working when you connected to LAN ethernet cable? Is working all ok in ethernet cable.

3. is this issue only 1 client or all devices connected to wifi ? is Aleatory the issue.

4. is the only team's issue? others working as exected? is only teams the problem, others applications works fine.

Best regards.

If it was worked, no changes on your infrastructure wifi side - this required some investigation of Packet capture.

Just want to heads up MS teams - Cloud IP changes without any notice, it's not acceptable sometimes.

Do you have any Firewall? in Place between LAN and Internet, so capture some information connecting from wifi client see any new IP or deny ?

also please confirm Ethernet DNS and WIFI DNS use the same? check the usage of wifi network-connected interface?

BB

Hello Jabali, 

It is very difficult to do a packet capture, because is very aleatory, and sometimes no problem occurs until many hours pass.

I think some changes do Microsoft with the ip cloud of teams, do you have all the ips that we need to enable it? 

I searched it but in differents places put differents ips.

The dns is the same for wired network and wifi. 

Thanks 

Best regards.

here is the IP range for Teams / 0365 .  there is a script also available to get the latest information from API.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges?view=o365-worldwide#skype-for-business-online-and-microsoft-teams

BB

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If bottleneck cannot be identified you will be working blindly, that being said you can do whatever required to enhance the quality from wireless prospective. Even though I am not a fan of QOS (Does it really make wireless efficient?) and AVC (Due to bugs) both, you can try that. MS teams is still identified as Skype, lync etc.

Also check hows the RF side is performing, make sure that the low data rates in both bands are disabled (depending on the environment) and also band select is enabled or SSID advertised only in 5GHz.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card