Helpful
Replies

Convert an access point to a Mobility Express version

mnice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I hope you are well

Please, I have an access point model AIR-AP1832I-E-K9 and given that I don't have a WLC I want to convert it into a mobility express version in order to use it as a standard access point.

I don't know which version I install of the two versions shown in the images below can you help me.

AP.PNG

Thank you indvance.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The first file requires for the ME conversion, 2nd file is for AP images for ME, if you registering other APs on to that ME master AP. Refer to the below guide for more details

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_01.html 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

The first file requires for the ME conversion, 2nd file is for AP images for ME, if you registering other APs on to that ME master AP. Refer to the below guide for more details

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8/b_cisco_mobility_express_8_8_chapter_01.html 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Hello Rasika

Thank you for your return and information

I want to use it as an access point and a WLC

From what I understood to convert the AP it is necessary to use the .tar file.

otherwise to use it as an AP and WLC you need something else or not ?

Thank you indvance.

Regards.

Once you convert to ME, it will act as WLC+AP, so what you require is using that .tar file to convert AP to ME mode

HTH

Rasika

Hello Rasika

Thank you for your return and information

Do I need to install another firmware after conversion or not?

Regards.

Xayyam.Gojayev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi mnehar,

no firmware needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: