Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert ewc to capwap, ap_name issue

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an error when I am trying to convert an EWC to a CAPWAP.

WLC#wireless ewc-ap ap ap-type ap01 capwap
% Error: no ap_name exists

Please can you tell me what am I doing wrong ?

Thank you

J. 

edit : I tried to factory default EWC, I tried to set the default ap name (APXXXX.XXXX.XXX) on the command above, but still not working

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Login to the ap shell from the EWC. You should see an ap prompt which is the ap name not the EWC name.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html#anc16

Then you can convert back to capwap:
ap-type capwap
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Login to the ap shell from the EWC. You should see an ap prompt which is the ap name not the EWC name.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-on-catalyst-access-points/215303-embedded-wireless-controller-conversion.html#anc16

Then you can convert back to capwap:
ap-type capwap
-Scott

Ok, it works now.

But I couldn't use "admin" login with "Cisco123" password as written in the guide. I could use Cisco/Cisco (default ap password), I correctly entered the ap profile in the ewc configuration, do you know why ?

Sorry I am a little lost, it is my first wifi time 

J.

Don’t know, but typically I too will try the Cisco username and password.
-Scott

Ok, it was because the ap didn't join the EWC, now it works well with the credential that I set up in the ap profile. Thank you very much

J.

The best thing to do also if you have time is practice converting back and fourth.  Eventually you would probably need to do this again in the future so it give you time to lean and document your process.  I always go back to refine my process to make thing easier in the future, but that is probably because I just can't leave it alone when I get something working:)

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card