Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert Region -A to -E on 1832 AP

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have a AIR-AP1832I-A-K9 AP in my lab. Is it possible to "convert" this to a -E region AP? Or is it hardware based?

Thanks,

René

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe you can change the region code in anyway, since the codes are hardcoded at the hardware level. We used to work on a big project a few months back, where we had some APs shipped with the wrong region code, we raised a TAC to see if there was a way to change the region codes, but unfortunately there wasn't, so we had to send them back to Cisco for RMA. I think that would be your only option.

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Regulatory Domain is hard coded -- there is no way to "change" the Regulatory Domain.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cant. RMAed it and get the new one.

5 Replies 5

I don't believe you can change the region code in anyway, since the codes are hardcoded at the hardware level. We used to work on a big project a few months back, where we had some APs shipped with the wrong region code, we raised a TAC to see if there was a way to change the region codes, but unfortunately there wasn't, so we had to send them back to Cisco for RMA. I think that would be your only option.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Regulatory Domain is hard coded -- there is no way to "change" the Regulatory Domain.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cant. RMAed it and get the new one.

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks for your replies! It is a lab used AP and it has no valid smartnet, so I don't think that I can RMA it. 

@Rene Mueller wrote:

it has no valid smartnet, so I don't think that I can RMA it. 

Read THIS and know what you are entitled to.  

The Cisco Aironet 1830 Series Access Points come with a limited lifetime warranty that provides full warranty coverage of the hardware for as long as the original end user continues to own or use the product.

All you need to do is prove to Cisco Entitlements Team that you (or your employer) purchased the said APs by means of Delivery Documentation or the Purchase Order.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: