Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert single MSE 7.5 to HA mode

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a single MSE 7.5 running as a virtual appliance and now want to install a second MSE

to provide HA, what would be the best way to go about this without losing data.

My initial thoughts  were either to upgrade to 7.6 and during the process configure the High Availability option

or to re-run the setup script on the primary and see if the option for HA appears and go from there and then upgrade to 7.6

My ultimate goal is to have HA with 7.6 VA.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always run the setup wizard and configure the HA and then bring up the new HA secondary:

/opt/mse/setup/setup.sh

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/7.5/Cisco_Connected_Mobile_Experiences/Guide/7_4_MSE_CAS_chapter_0100.html#ID171

If your planning on upgrading your MSE, it might be better to upgrade then run the setup.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always run the setup wizard and configure the HA and then bring up the new HA secondary:

/opt/mse/setup/setup.sh

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/mse/3350/7.5/Cisco_Connected_Mobile_Experiences/Guide/7_4_MSE_CAS_chapter_0100.html#ID171

If your planning on upgrading your MSE, it might be better to upgrade then run the setup.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the input Scott, I'll upgrade first.

No problem. Make sure you do a snapshot if this is a VM:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card