cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could you let me know about Catalyst 3850 to connect the Access point requirement ?

Takuro Moriyama
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

The Catalyst 3850 be able to connect Access Point.
I checked the CCO, but I don't know to connect the Access point directly or indirectly...
Does it must connect the Access Point to the Catalyst 3850 directly ?

Could you let me know about Catalyst 3850 to connect the Access point requirement ?
I want to know the CCO page  about it.

Best regards,
takuro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Refer below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Q.    Does the Cisco Catalyst 3850 support indirectly connected access points?
A.     No. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch will always terminate the CAPWAP tunnel locally. Pass-through mode or indirectly connected access point is not supported at this time. Note that a Cisco Catalyst 3850 12-port or 24-port SFP model can be a good choice to act as mobility controller for a stack of Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches that terminate CAPWAP tunnels locally.
HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does it must connect the Access Point to the Catalyst 3850 directly ?

Yes.

Read THIS.

Dear Leo Laohoo,

Thank you for your reply.
I checked your link, But It didn't mention about the Catalyst 3850 to connect the Access point directly.
Could you please let me know correct link ?

Best Regards,
takuro

My apologies, Takuro san.  Please have a look HERE.

Dear Leo Laohoo,

Where is written about to connect the access point directly or indirectly in your link ?

takuro.

Hi

Refer below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Q.    Does the Cisco Catalyst 3850 support indirectly connected access points?
A.     No. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch will always terminate the CAPWAP tunnel locally. Pass-through mode or indirectly connected access point is not supported at this time. Note that a Cisco Catalyst 3850 12-port or 24-port SFP model can be a good choice to act as mobility controller for a stack of Cisco Catalyst 3850 switches that terminate CAPWAP tunnels locally.
HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Dear Rasika,

I got it.
Thanks anyway.

takuro

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card