Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvi11287 - Cisco 2800 AP not broadcasting after joining to the WLC

barley864
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Benjamin

This is the message I get after joining the AP to the controller.

I am using pair of Cisco 2800 AP and Cisco Catalyst Switch 2960 POE along with Cisco 5500 Wireless Lan controller.

The Problem is that my Cisco 2802 AP are not broadcasting after joining the controller

Any help will be appreciated

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

IT is Is it a 5508 WLC model version 8.5.182.0

View solution in original post

I get this message  as  a result of not broadcasting: set_on_ failure is set to 1

Set cleanair[slot1][band1] disabled

i am sting to get a firmware for my access point 2800i. Can anyone help. For this is the solution  that i think will work

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For your particular controller model make sure that the software version is aligned with :
      https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html
  These days an aireos controller should always use the last release as advised above

+ Have a checkup of the 5500 controller configuration using WirelessAnalyzer input (procedure) for AireOs controllers
     and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer

+  Make sure that the AP country code is configured and supported on the controller , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

5500 is not a model of WLC!  Is it a 5508 or is it a 5520?
If 5508 upgrade to 8.5.182.12 (link below)
If 5520 upgrade to 8.10.196.0

2802 requires 30W POE+ (802.3at) power for the radios to operate.
What is the exact model of switch you are using?
Does the switch support POE+ ?
The AP requires CDP or LLDP to be enabled on the switch to be able to negotiate 30W power so check that you have CDP or LLDP (but not both) enabled on the switch (show cdp neigh or show lldp neigh)

Save the complete console log of the AP from power-on to a text file (.txt) and attach here for us to view.

IT is Is it a 5508 WLC model version 8.5.182.0

I get this message  as  a result of not broadcasting: set_on_ failure is set to 1

Set cleanair[slot1][band1] disabled

i am sting to get a firmware for my access point 2800i. Can anyone help. For this is the solution  that i think will work

I now understand I actually do not need mobility express but this: WIRELESS LAN LWAPP ap3g3-k9w8-tar.153-3.JPT.tar

I am sting to get a firmware for my access point 2800i. Can anyone help. For this is the solution that i think will work

I am struggling get a firmware for my access point 2800i. Can anyone help. For this is the solution that i think will work

Normally you need a Cisco support contract to get software updates.

See the answers from Leo and me for the alternative approach at:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/cisco-2504-wireless-controller/m-p/4819719/highlight/true#M254903  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card