cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Web Auth not working

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to load a custom web auth bundle for passthrough on a guest SSID and I modified the html files in the bundle that I downloaded from Cisco and then uploaded them succesfully into the 5508 controller.  However when I attempt to preview the page it fails to load.

I created a tar file using 7-zip and just included the two html files and the logo.

I am attaching the files I used for reference.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Scott.

Thank you.

You are right. There is a limit for the tar file size which is 1 MB.

But I can also see the tar file attached (the logo image is included in the tar file) while the size is about 629 KB.

I think that can eliminate the file size. right? what do you think?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to make sure you don't face any of the limitations that are available for the tar file.

look here: http://goo.gl/VkIzDL.

If everything is OK try then to change the program you used to make the tar file. the link above suggests PicoZip.

Regards,

Amjad

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to reduce your logo resolution. This is putting your tar file size over the limit. If you look at the link Amjad posted, you will see the recommended file size.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott.

Thank you.

You are right. There is a limit for the tar file size which is 1 MB.

But I can also see the tar file attached (the logo image is included in the tar file) while the size is about 629 KB.

I think that can eliminate the file size. right? what do you think?

Regards,

Amjad

It is now working.  It turns out it had to do with the way I was accessing the equipment.  I was using remote access to a computer in my lab and today I went to the lab and attached my computer directly and it worked.

The weird thing is the Cisco default splash page works remotely but not the custom page.

Either way it works properly and I kept the image at the original size and used 7-zip.

Thank you all for your help.

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: