Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize the Web Passthrough Login Page

Wing Hong Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am trying to configure WLC to send a splage page to a public free wifi users when connected.  The users must client accept the Free wifi policies before able to access the internet.  I found a Cisco website to show how to do it in the WLC.  However, I want to customize the message in the splage page.

In URL:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/107474-web-pass-config.html

"Customize the Web Passthrough Login page" is lead to another page for Web Login and has no info for customize the web passthrough message.

Anyone how to customize a web passthrough message?

Thanks

William Lee

4 Replies 4

Jiri Brejcha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William,

1. Download the "Wireless Lan Controller Web Authentication Bundle" from the Download section of Cisco.com. Uncompress the archive and read the Readme.html file. There are examples.
  2. After you edit the files, TAR them and upload to the WLC using WLC management web GUI: Commands > Download File (to the controller) > File type: Webauth Bundle > Enter TFTP details > Click Download.
  3. Go to Security > Web Login Page > Web Authentication Type: Customized (Downloaded)
  4. Apply, Save configuration.

For your reference, check "Using the GUI to Download a Customized Web Authentication Login Window" section here.

Thanks,
Jiri

Hi, 

The web authentication bundle seems to be no longer available. Do you know where we can download it?

The downloaded bundle (on Cisco.com) is getting old and tired and I wish there was something new with different splash pages. We have customers that want simpler, more complicated, etc and it seems like the bundles have not been updated in a long time. Another solution I would like to see it build it into the code to create the splash page and AUP or still allow download of customized AUP. Perhaps someday it will not be so painful to create.

Cisco is currently going the line of using the ISE for the splash page.
An alternative are third party solutions with full Cisco integration, for example: https://www.ironwifi.com/cisco-wlc/ (please note, I haven't tested that product, it's just to show that alternative products exist)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card