Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deauthentication station has left

Hi All,

I've received an error "Deauthenticating station has left" in the Cisco WLC 2504.

The issue was solved by rebooting the AP.

Please find the attached logs for your reference.

The client needs to know the RCA for the issue.

Regards,

Vikram Murudkar.

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Hi Vikram
You did not attach any logs.
The line you mention "Deauthenticating station has left" is not an error - it's just a log stating that the client has left (as far as the WLC is concerned) and the WLC is therefore deauthenticating the client.  That happens all the time when a device is turned off or walks out of range of the WiFi.
If the client did not leave and rebooting the AP resolved the problem then you've probably encountered a bug with the AP radio getting stuck.
What model of AP is it?
What version of software is your 2504 running?

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Please find the attached logs for your reference. 

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vikram Murudkar.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Were those logs before or after the AP was restarted? (I suspect after)
Either way I don't think they tell us anything useful.
You didn't answer my questions but I can see 2702 APs and 8.5.171.0 in the logs.
So my answer remains the same - you probably hit a bug in the software.
You could consider upgrading to 8.5.182.0 in case it's something that was fixed in that release.
But the 2504 is almost end of support and is already way past end of software maintenance so if it is an unresolved bug then it definitely will not be fixed now: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/2504-wireless-controller/eos-eol-notice-c51-740645.html
Note the 2700 series APs are also past end of software maintenance and approaching end of support: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2700-series-access-point/eos-eol-notice-c51-740711.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: