Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting Buildings/Floors from Cisco Prime Maps

DavidStammler
Level 1
Level 1

Hey....

As the title suggests, I am having problems deleting floors and buildings from the map section of Cisco Prime. I screwed up while putting the map files in, and cannot remove them... it just times out. The only solution I have come close to finding was this:

CSCtr01285

Not able to delete maps in a Virtual Domain.

Symptom: Floor map or building map cannot be deleted when user logged in a virtual domain.

Conditions: For floor map delete case, this happens when its parent building-map is also in the same virtual domain.

For building map delete case, this happens when its parent campus-map is also in the same virtual domain.

Workaround: If user in a virtual domain does not need to access all floor maps in a building, do not assign the parent campus and the parent building to the same virtual domain. Assign the allowed floor maps only to this virtual domain.

We do use virtual domains, and they are set like this:

ROOT

Company1

Company2

Company3

SubCompany1

SubCompany2

SubCompany3

SubCompany4

The floors and building are assigning to the SubCompany3 domain. I am unable to delete them from that virtual domain, or logged in to the Root virtual domain. Has anyone seen this, or have any ideas? When I attempt to delete, it just thinks and thinks and thinks in the browser; doesn't do anything. Thanks for any input!!

David

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you logged in in the root vitual domain?  Also, I would try a different browser as some generates erros when doing certain tasks.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have tried from the root virtual domain as well as Firefox and IE (in addition to Chrome)... still no luck.

David,

I have no problem on PI 2.0 creating a campus/building/floor and deleting them.  I'm also using Chrome, just tried it now.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

I have tried every browser, and tried logged in to every virtual domain, including Root. Still no luck... we are running

2.0.0.0.294. I guess TAC is the next move... Thanks for your help!

Yeah.. I'm running PI 2.0 with no issues. TAC should be able to help you out.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi David,

Did you found a solution for your problem ?

We face a very simmilar problem with PI 2.1, can you please share your solution ?

TIA, Emanuel

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

Well cisco Prime  seem to work fine with the maps and yes TAC is a better option however for reference check the trouble shooting guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2.0/user/guide/troubleshoot.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: