Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deployed Cisco Spaces Connector 3.1, C9800 WLC shows Inactive Status

In our lab I have deployed a Cisco Spaces 3.1 connector in our lab.  Its registered and working and all looks ok on https://dnaspaces.eu.  I have added the C9800 WLC and pasted the configuration script that was generated to enable NMSP etc.  The connectors discovers the WLC and the two APs that are registered to it.  I have exported the map from DNAC and imported it into spaces.  Everything looks like it should be working but the controller status remains 'Inactive'.  I have verified I can ping and SSH from the spaces connector to the WLC, but I'm stuck now.

There are no firewalls between the connector and the WLC

The WLC was running 17.6.5, but its been upgraded to 17.9.3 (and SMU patched with the one available SMU).

I've taken snippets of the various screens where it shows as inactive and stitched them together in the attached.

Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the output of  :    (CLI)   show nmsp cloud-services summary

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

WLC#sho nmsp cloud-services summary
DNA Spaces/CMX Cloud-Services Status
------------------------------------

Server :
CMX Service : Disabled
Connectivity : DOWN
Service Status : Inactive
Last IP Address : 0.0.0.0
Last Request Status :
Heartbeat Status :

The script Spaces generates for the C9800 WLC is this:

en
conf t
nmsp enable
aaa new-model
username xxxxxxxxxxxx mac aaa attribute list cmx_xxxxxxxxxxxx
aaa attribute list cmx_xxxxxxxxxxxx
attribute type password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aaa authorization credential-download wcm_loc_serv_cert local

Prince.O
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

Since DNA spaces connector acts as a proxy, it will not show up under "sho nmsp cloud-services summary" so its expected to see that showing as DOWN.

That shows as active only if you directly connect to DNA spaces or CMX via the 9800 controller. Thus, you can ignore that and should be good to go

joaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

in had exactly the same issue. In my case I used the OOB management interface IP  instead of the wireless management interface in Cisco Spaces. As soon as I used the wireless management interface, the controller status in Cisco Spaces changed to "active".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: